Media:scape Pods on Fab Fourth
Six Media:scape Pods on 4th floor of the University Library
Each pod provides a connect and share environment. Students are
able to share individual content from their personal laptops with other
group members using a large 42" flat screen monitor. Viewing is
controlled by each member of the group using Media:scape's media well
and the personal user control key (PUCK). A laptop is connected to the
Media:scape through a VGA port on your personal laptop . Special
adapters for Apple computers are available for check out at the first floor
To schedule a Media:scape Pod on the Fab Fourth
Use the LibCal to schedule your pod. Arrive at your scheduled time and directly to your pod. If there are any questions, please ask at the Reference Desk on the 1st floor of the library.
Things to remember...
- Pods are available for scheduling Sunday through Saturday up to 7 days in advance.
- Pods may be scheduled for use Monday through Thursday from 9am to 9pm, Friday 9am to 5pm, Saturday from 12pm to 5pm, and Sunday from 1pm to 9pm. Rooms are first come, first served if not scheduled.
- Pods are scheduled in one hour blocks. You may schedule a Media:scape pod for a total of two hours per week day. Two hours may be a combination of one hour in one pod and one hour in another pod or two hours in the same pod. The hours may be consecutive or at different times during the day.
- If you schedule a pod and do not show up within 20 minutes of your scheduled time, you forfeit your scheduled time and others may use the pod for the remainder of that hour.
- Repeated no-shows will result in you being blocked from scheduling Media:scape pods in the future.
- The pod schedule for the day, indicating if the pod is available, is viewable in LibCal.
- If a pod is not scheduled for a specific hour, that pod is available for use by anyone for that hour.
- When your time has expired and the pod is scheduled for the following hour, please leave the pod promptly.
- If there are any questions or problems, please ask at the Reference Desk on the 1st floor of the library.
We also have a Presentation Practice Room available for scheduling on the 2nd floor of the library